Friday, March 14, 2008

IB Theatre=thinking outside of the box

As you finish up your practicals, keep in mind this word of advice. There is not one set way to present this project. The entire point of it is to take it from YOUR angle. This is an opportunity for you to show what you have learned about the makings of theatre this year. You are showing your creativity, your understanding of the elements and how they work together; you are showing what you have learned about creatsing and fulfilling a vision for a piece of theatre. Taking the shadow puppet project from an epic poem to a performance...think about the steps. When Kat designed the characters, what did she have in mind? When Amanda briought in pictures of the chariots, how was that utilized as inspiration? We have been working on this project, mentally, since the first day of class. Trust your vision and put full effort into it. If you do that, I'm certain you will create a project that you will be proud to have represent you.
As far as all of these elements are concerned (like the mood collage or the DVD/CD), they are essentially tools for you to use to illustrate your vision. There is not one definitive, set way to complete them. You are showing your creativity and resourcefulness, like I've said, so do it in your own way. Originality and creativity in presenting a unified, well thought out vision for performance is what this project is all about.
BE BOLD, COMMITTED AND TRUST YOURSELF...good advice for life and this project as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just a random comment. I wasn't ignoring the blog altogther, I had just forgotten my password for my gmail. I was on here and I figured it out so I decided to tell you on here instead of emailing you. :)

Cook said...

thanks Amanda. How'd the project end up?