I am sitting here during my fifteen minutes of silence (naps are wonderful) feeling alone in cyberspace. I miss my IB class. I feel so disconnected from most of them. My mind wanders...what are they doing in our classroom each day? My imagination spins an image of shananigans and tomfoolery, with most (not all...but most) students living for the moment and hoping that everything will work itself out in the end. I want to believe that my IB students are engaged in discussion of the reading, asking questions and clarifiying their queries. I want to see them at the library doing research...but when I check this blog and my email, evidence is to the contrary. No news, for me, is not good news.
And so I sit, and type, and hope that my students (not just a handful, but the class as a whole) are getting something out of our time apart...other than a good time.
Please keep up your communciation. Turn in your work. LEt me see what's going on in my absence. Don't let my imagination take over!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Why Mrs. Cook,
You seem to have clairvoyance!
Today we read the chapter assigned on the development of Stanislavski's theories as envisioned by his three successors aloud, and enacted the activities. (Read aloud) We are working diligently! Mostly!
Thanks John Powell. Help me keep my imagination at bay.
Post a Comment