Sunday, March 30, 2008

Independent Project...anyone need help?

This is a big presentation and 2000 word portfolio coming up due. We will be presenting them the first three days I am back. That's right...the very first three days! Questions? Comments?

2 comments:

Aaron R said...

Yes!
IS there a rubric? I don't have one... could you send it via e-mail?

Cook said...

I do not have one here at the house. It is in the IB booklet on my desk, like I said in the email. Trust the guidelines. The individuality of this project is not a ruse. With the exceptions mentioned in the guidelines, particularly the "stages of the 'act of theatre': preparation of the piece, the process of creating and a reflection. I'll sum it up for you again.

Preparation means how you came up with the idea, your influences, what you did to get ready to start it, etc. The process is what you did from the beginning (after conceiving the idea)to the performance. The process of creating the role, the costume design, what have you. Finally, the reflection is post performance, where you summarize the outcome of the performance, how your ideas worked, etc.

What none of you like about this is that it is so open. Remember that one of our seven class objectives measures you "developing the confidence to explore"...well, that is what this project is all about.